Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Part B

In this part, there were once again only a few that I had notes that I could write about.
The first is from the section of Love and Matrimony, the rhyme about Sylvia and Simon. I had the idea of writing the story as a modern day tale. I would have Simon be smitten with Sylvia, only for her to not be interested and to turn him down. I think that this story could definitely be made into a comedy of sorts.
I actually found the rhyme of Jack Sprat to be somewhat adorable. The couple share a meal and it works perfectly for them. The only idea I would have for this would be to modernize it and work from there, most likely keep the same plot.
(Source: Pixabay)

I enjoyed the last rhyme in the section of Accumulative Stories. Mostly because it reminded me of a game/joke that I hear a lot growing up. I thought about maybe incorporating the game/joke with the rhyme and having an story that focuses on how big the world actually is.
There weren't that many that captured my eye this time, but overall I enjoyed reading this unit.

Bibliography:
 The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang, link to reading online.

Comments

Popular Posts